Your actions after an accident are critical.

Talk to us.

Many people now are using bicycles to go places and the number of cyclist accidents has increased. Cyclist accidents can occur at intersections, where no bicycle lanes are present and on busy roads. These accidents can cause serious injuries. You can claim accident benefits and sue the negligent driver in cyclist accidents. We have expertise in such claims and can be there to help you throughout the process.

The number of people walking to get around has increased, which has increased the accidents involving pedestrians. Pedestrians have the right of way but many drivers do not keep a proper lookout. As a result, pedestrians can suffer from serious injuries in accidents. These cases can be very complicated but we have experience in helping those in an accident receive the compensation they deserve. We can help you sue at-fault drivers and receive accident benefits to help you recover from your insurance company or the driver’s insurance company.

Please note: Accident benefits may be handled by a paralegal, however, Tort matters that exceed the small claims threshold shall be offered by a lawyer practicing at the firm.

Long-term disability is a form of income replacement if you are injured or cannot work because you are ill. Disability insurance is either purchased independently or is a benefit from your employer. Insurance companies often deny claims or payments of those who have merit. We can help you receive the disability benefits from insurance companies to which you have entitlement. Insurance policies vary in the benefits they provide and there are strict timelines. We can assist you in understanding your policy and maintaining timelines and guide you through the rest of the process.

A non-continuing power of attorney for property also allows you to appoint someone to take care of your finances and property on your behalf. However, this type of power of attorney property is no longer in effect if you become mentally incapable. It is used where, for example, you require someone to take care of your finances and property if you are away from home.

Occupiers and operators of property are responsible for accidents that occur on this property. This could apply to cases involving slip and falls, sports and recreational injuries, impaired driving and occupier’s liability claims. If you have been injured in any of these scenarios, we can assist you in asserting your rights and obtaining the appropriate compensation.

Swimming pools can be scenes for serious injury. Accidents in swimming pools can be caused by improper supervision, improper safety measures, slippery decks and broken or poorly maintained equipment. Extra measures are required for children and accidents can occur as a result of improper supervision, improper safety measures and failure to prevent roughhousing. If you or your children have suffered injuries in a swimming pool accident, we can help you receive compensation.

Serious injuries can occur because of dangerous conditions on other’s property. Others have a responsibility to keep their property safe. If you have injured yourself because of ice and snow, poor lighting, dangerous premises or hidden hazards, poor maintenance, dangerous stairs, raised ledges, wet conditions, poor flooring or potholes, we can assist you in receiving compensation. You can claim compensation for pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment, future care costs and other financial losses such as income loss.

A serious injury in sports and recreational activities can greatly impact the affected individual. If you sustained a serious injury, we can assist you in receiving the compensation you deserve. Accidents can occur because of lack of supervision or regulation, dangerous game play or tackling, defective equipment, failure to provide safety equipment, dangerous or ill-maintained facilities and lack of warnings or signage.

Animals are often friendly but, in certain scenarios, they can become vicious and attack. Animal bites can be very dangerous and can have both a physical and emotional impact. Animal owners are responsible for injuries caused by their pets. We can help you seek compensation if you were attacked and injured by an animal.

If you sustained a work related injury, there are two paths depending on whether or not you are covered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).

If you are covered by the WSIB, you can make a claim with the WSIB for income loss and other compensation. If you are not covered by the WSIB, you can make a claim against your employer or the person responsible for your injury. You may receive compensation for pain and suffering, loss of income, loss of enjoyment of life, medical and rehabilitation and housekeeping and home maintenance expenses.

We have experience in seeking compensation for injured persons and can help you through the process of making a claim against your employer.

Chronic pain and soft tissue injuries can have a serious impact on the life of the affected person. It can prevent him/her from participating in the activities in which he/she formerly participated. If you are suffering from chronic pain and soft tissue injuries as a result of an accident, we can help you receive the compensation you deserve

Accident Benefits are available if you were driving, were a passenger or were a pedestrian and we are there to help you with medical treatment and other needs you may have after the accident. Our lawyers and staff can assist you with this process and receiving the benefits to which you are entitled. Accident benefit coverage may be available in the following categories:

  • Income replacement benefits
  • Medical and rehabilitation benefits
  • Attendant care benefits
  • Non-earner benefits
  • Caregiver benefits
  • Housekeeping and home maintenance benefits
  • Education benefits
  • Funeral and death benefits


Tel: 416.242.7555         Fax:  416.242.7333

DISCLAIMER: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm will not establish a solicitor-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.

North York

300-1111 Finch Ave W
North York, ON
M3J 2E5




3-820 Markham Rd
Scarborough, ON
M1H 2Y2

2021 De Sa & Associates Professional Corporation | 1111 Finch Ave. W., Suite 300, Toronto, ON M3J 2E5 | All rights reserved